Case for Support
Longitude is a Rhode Island based 501 (c)3 non-profit organization working with visionary leaders of grassroots educational and human rights initiatives in resource-poor countries. Currently we are aiding a community secretarial school in Ghana, and a human rights organization in India that helps members of India’s lowest caste.
Why support Longitude?
At Longitude we believe in fostering the grassroots community involvement that our local leaders embody.
- We support projects we believe in. We nurture local, community-inspired projects.
- We avoid using our support to push an ideal of the “right way” onto the organizations with which we work.
- We prioritize our funding based on the needs assessments carried out by our local partner organizations.
- We listen and act upon the suggestions made by our local partners for how their communities can be best served.
- 100% of your donations go directly to the initiatives we support.
- We offer donors the ability to choose the programs they wish to support.
- We offer tailor-made volunteer and fund raising opportunities.
- We keep donors and volunteers up to date on what is happening with the projects they support.
- We do not charge volunteers to volunteer. All volunteer money goes directly to our partner organizations.
- We work locally in US and Japanese schools to educate students about global issues.